on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:21 pm
Boeing vs. McDonnell Douglas only. No scarebus chearmongering here :lol:
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:00:20 pm
Its a pitty the MD-11 didn't reach its full potential, it had a lot of things going for it in terms of technology.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 08:25:05 am
I vote MD, because it looks the most like TriStar. :P

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:15 am
Its a pitty the MD-11 didn't reach its full potential, it had a lot of things going for it in terms of technology.

But it was an awesome plane as a passenger! HUGE cabin! The IFE system in the Swissair business class was awesome! And the POWER! It was like a rocket! And the pilots often used the spoilers during descent! :-* :-*

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 06:45:25 pm

But it was an awesome plane as a passenger! HUGE cabin! The IFE system in the Swissair business class was awesome! And the POWER! It was like a rocket! And the pilots often used the spoilers during descent! :-* :-*

LOL :lol:

Maybe look in terms of safety :o
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:55:05 pm

LOL :lol:

Maybe look in terms of safety :o

Who cares if a few hundred people died here and there, it was the first modern comfortable longrange 350 seat airliner ;) And that IFE system in Swissair Business kicked ass! :-*

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:07:54 pm
Who cares if a few hundred people died here and there, it was the first modern comfortable longrange 350 seat airliner ;) And that IFE system in Swissair Business kicked ass! :-*

Pitty they got the wiring wrong. :( I would still like to travel on an MD-11, there's still a (slim) chance I suppose.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 11:09:11 pm

Pitty they got the wiring wrong. :( I would still like to travel on an MD-11, there's still a (slim) chance I suppose.

You might want to hurry then. KLM is the last passenger operator, and has recently ordered A330-300 to replace them. Apart from that, you can sign up with the US Army. They fly their troops to the ME on World Airways MD-11s.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 12:21:04 am

LOL VS!

StephenM will never join the army!

You might want to hurry then. KLM is the last passenger operator, and has recently ordered A330-300 to replace them. Apart from that, you can sign up with the US Army. They fly their troops to the ME on World Airways MD-11s.
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk