Airline Mogul Forum

Passengers and hubs

Viking_Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 23, 2008, 09:25:20 pm
Reading to the forum I didn't find any "rumor" on how the "AM's code" works on this matter:

Passenger for a route are simulated on the base of passenger figures of the origin/destination  airports and seat offer-request law... that is clear and ok.

My question is:

As your hub grows, the demand on all routes connected to it increases or are stable (as far no other players enter in this route)?

you can call it "hub effect"
thanks

/Marco
Viking Air (W9)

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:37:23 pm
If don't change the aircraft on the route, example do not close and reopen the route you will gain load factor "brand loyalty over time.  you can still edit the price.  the effect is very small, but over time is helpful.  thats all I can tell you for sure.

Zero-G

Quote from: "Viking_Air"
Reading to the forum I didn't find any "rumor" on how the "AM's code" works on this matter:

Passenger for a route are simulated on the base of passenger figures of the origin/destination  airports and seat offer-request law... that is clear and ok.

My question is:

As your hub grows, the demand on all routes connected to it increases or are stable (as far no other players enter in this route)?

you can call it "hub effect"
thanks

/Marco
Viking Air (W9)

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:38:04 pm
If you are asking as more pax use your hub, does the demand go up via connecting flights?

If so, answer no.

The total demand never changes at an airport (except for official updates) and as more people share your routes, demand is satisfied and prices and or load factor come down down deeper and down.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 01:42:29 pm
But there are points in time when you can raise your price  :P

Viking_Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:26:33 pm
OK but in that case, what are Alliances used for, if they don't give you more traffic (ie passengers)?
Are they just "no competition" alliances?

/Marco
Viking Air/W9

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 03:27:13 pm
You can fly routes out of their hubs.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 07:42:26 pm
Quote from: "Viking_Air"
OK but in that case, what are Alliances used for, if they don't give you more traffic (ie passengers)?
Are they just "no competition" alliances?

/Marco
Viking Air/W9

There is a small passenger boost for belonging to an alliance. Don't need to fly from any of their hubs to get the effect, nor they from yours.

You can fly from alliance bases. Flights maximums are set by the founding airline.

The best use for an alliance, is having other people you can relate to, communicate with, and understand the game and its environment better. This last point largely depends on the particular membership of the alliance, above anything else.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 07:50:57 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
But there are points in time when you can raise your price  :P

This is likely the "trans-hub effect".

Don't ask me how that is calculated, I really don't know, nor am aware of any way to do so.
Only thing I know for certain, is that it is much more significant from the large pax airports (ATL, ORD, LHR, HND, etc.), compared to the lower ones.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 08:48:26 pm
I'm guessing because it's based on a percentage increase of some sort...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk