Airline Mogul Forum

Advertise

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 22, 2011, 02:10:16 am
Although this is not a ingame idea, I think this game has more potential. What about advertising on a website that relate to flight sim add ons. I understand this cost money, but what about allow addons on your site to generate income to advertise on other sites. Then offer a program like 20 paid tokens = no adds shown.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:54:39 pm
This is something that we have discussed internally a while back. The issue is actually not quite simple...
- Should we update the game (and maybe add hot-swap) first? or should we advertise to get people in?
- If we get people but can't retain them, is there a point investing in marketing?
- If we update the game first, what to do in the mean time?
- And the most important question is... as a primarily free game, could we recoup the advertising costs?
- Even we do barter (ad swaps) there is an opportunity cost involved.

That said, we do appreciate word-of-month referrals... as those are free. ;)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:58:02 pm
What about raising money via like a forum "Vip" feature. Donate $5, and get access to a section just for vips. Or what about a beta server only available to only vips. This would generate money that could be used to further the site, and allows testing of the new stuff which could help in building the game. I am sure there is already some sort of "beta testers" but this could help.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:23:42 pm
What about raising money via like a forum "Vip" feature. Donate $5, and get access to a section just for vips. Or what about a beta server only available to only vips. This would generate money that could be used to further the site, and allows testing of the new stuff which could help in building the game. I am sure there is already some sort of "beta testers" but this could help.

And what would that section for VIPs provide?

I'd rather if the team would offer a complete package of all the premium search parts. Instead of buying each for 30 (or was it 60?) tokens, you can buy them all in one bundle for a slight discount.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Cipher53

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:29:00 pm
Eh, main complaint that my friends have had (Must say that it also became a problem for myself further down the line) is that the lack of things like hotswapping along with some other issues just made the game feel more like a chore than anything else.. don't get me wrong, Airline Mogul is fun and all, but once you get beyond 100 flights the game starts to lose the fun factor and begins to wear down on you.

So I'd sorta have to say priority should be put towards implementing the sorta features that'll help sustain players instead of adding more exclusive features.. if you asked me private worlds already provide a sort of "VIP" haven for people if they wanted somewhere private to play.

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:02:07 pm
You could have vips only worlds, and just a vip section where only vips can see the stuff inside. I know on another site i was involved with there was a "donator" thread portion. The site was linked to black market for other games, but contained nothing more then donors talking. It is just a incentive to donate nothing more. I am sure the servers ect for this game cost money, but i will not pay for the current features that you can, because i don't see a point. But if you offered other options i am sure i would.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:57:29 am
Eh, main complaint that my friends have had (Must say that it also became a problem for myself further down the line) is that the lack of things like hotswapping along with some other issues just made the game feel more like a chore than anything else.. don't get me wrong, Airline Mogul is fun and all, but once you get beyond 100 flights the game starts to lose the fun factor and begins to wear down on you.

Agreed, that part still needs to be fixed first.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:03 pm
Cipher and Virgin Serbia, that is what we figured...

Agent Orange, I do value your ideas, but we might have a different view on how the game should work.

Beta-testers are there to help us test the new features. Whenever a new feature is coded, they have a very short timeframe to test (and try to break) the codes. The very vigorous process is open to a few people who actually have the experiences and the motivation to catch bugs and abuse loopholes. There is no point in letting in people who might have money, but would not do the work. It is worse if you ask people to pay to be allowed to work.... I can never understand people who pay to work... but then I guess they deserve it... -rolleyes-

I don't understand why people would donate to gain access to a section of the forum... and to talk about things just like they could without donating, but with a much more limited crowd... (well... I guess some would say "exclusive" crowd... but that is just sales mumble-jumble... -rolleyes-).

I guess what you are saying is that you don't mind paying to feel prestigeous, but you would not donate simply because the staffs do their jobs. In that sense, would it work if we simply hightlight your airline name in gold? (Just wondering what we could do to get money, without utilizing resources ;) )
Alternatively, let us know what you want, and we will get you a sponsorship quotation :D

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:37:35 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:49 pm
I would pay for a gold name, or such things. Reason why I have not donated is because i don't even see the difference between if you do currently. Aside from making a privet server which would fail because i am still a noob, and need others to copy off lol.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 07:49:32 am
Well, you could still purchase tokens. I've done that, and I like it because you don't have to use 60 tokens on premium features - only ten. That's good value!

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 09:37:43 am
I would pay for a gold name, or such things. Reason why I have not donated is because i don't even see the difference between if you do currently. Aside from making a privet server which would fail because i am still a noob, and need others to copy off lol.

I'm quite sure Stephen will give you a gold name if you send him some money. I don't see why you would want a gold name though.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:34 pm
Well, you could still purchase tokens. I've done that, and I like it because you don't have to use 60 tokens on premium features - only ten. That's good value!

The pricing system works, excellent.  :P

Really focus should be on the few key items people really want, by doing that the income stream for the game itself will increase, and from there further improvements can be made.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Cipher53

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09:12 am
Am I the only one getting the vibe that the whole motivation behind what he's suggesting is so that you get some sort of "prestige" for donating..  ???

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:41 am
Perhaps those who buy a certain number of tokens get a little logo beside their airline name on the ranking pages or something. It wouldn't disadvantage people, just recognise those who are supporting the game.

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:50 am
Am I the only one getting the vibe that the whole motivation behind what he's suggesting is so that you get some sort of "prestige" for donating..  ???

Thats the idea, show you donated because as i said as off right now i see nothing new with buying something though the game. I am just suggesting opening up more options to get donations to help the site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk