Airline Mogul Forum

Thailand airports update - DONE

waerth · 31 · 6816

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 02, 2008, 09:19:29 pm
I have found the official statistics for 2006 from the Thailand Aviation authority. I will add the new airports in myself through the update screen in the game . I want to correct some numbers for existing airports though and I cannot do that in the game, so figures will follow in this thread.

These are the sources:

Warning!!! Don Meuang was closed down in 2006 so that figure and the one for Suvarnabhumi are not the correct ones!!!! Don Meuang was reopened in 2007 for domestic flights

International airports:
CNX Chiang Mai: pax and  ton cargo according to:
HKT Phuket International: pax and  ton cargo according to:
HDY Hat Yai: pax and  ton cargo according to:
CEI Chiang Rai:  pax and  ton cargo according to:
UTP U-Taphao International Airport:  pax and  ton cargo according to:

Domestic airports:
BFV Buriram Airport:  pax according to:
KKC Khon Kaen Airport:  pax and  ton cargo according to:
KBV Krabi: pax and ton cargo according to:
USM Samui International Airport: pax according to:
URT Surat Thani: pax and  ton cargo according to:
UTH Udon Thani International Airport:  pax and  ton cargo according to:

Hope this helps I am now going to fill out the other airports ingame ......

Yoehoe new destinations for my airline :) !!!

Waerth

hpscot08

• Administrator
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:50:21 pm
Thanks a lot for the info, I'll be sure to do the updates later tonight.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 04:57:06 am
I get the credits for telling him this  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 06:17:36 am
so there should be two bangkok airports...
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:20:25 am
Yea. But one is for only domestic

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 07:37:17 am
yeah but just like Haneda Gimpo or Hongqiao which are almost 100% domestic airports

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 07:41:41 am
Quote from: "bibi974"
yeah but just like Haneda Gimpo or Hongqiao which are almost100% domestic airports

This one is fully domestic  :lol:

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:44:10 am
yeah sure so far it has been. It would be more realistic by the way to differenciate domestic from international airports by the way. it is kind of unrealistic to me to be able to fly Hong Kong Haneda for instance.

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:26 am
Also Manila has 2 airports!!
One international and one Domestic
T1 All international Airlines
T2 Philippine Airlines and Air Philippines (SErves as International and Domestic)
Manila Domestic Airport- All other Airlines that fly to other Philippines Destination.

The strange thing is that all of these buildings are all far from each other and making connections is hard coz u need to collect ur luggage and transfer to the other buildings meaning u need to undergo the Manila traffic jams. But there is less traffic than Kuala lumpur.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 03:28:57 pm
Ermmm Bangkok is a bit different from Manilla.

In Bangkok the old Airport Don Meuang is physically approx 30 kilometers from the new one Suvarnabhumi.

Thaksin wanted everyone to move to Suvarnabhumi after it opened even though Suv's capacity is only 45,000,000 and it will be at that capacity already this year!! And they haven't started the expansion yet (typical case of TIT This Is Thailand). So they reopened good old Don Meuang for a few of the domestic flights (not all some are still operating from Suv). I personally hate the new airport, but that is another story ....

So at Manilla it is two buildings sharing the same field while in Bangkok they are physically in different parts of town!

Waerth

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 08:15:33 pm
Quote from: "hpscot08"

Hi, sorry if I am a bit pushy but approx when will they appear in game ..... silly me actually went ahead and bought some airplanes to fly the routes. I will do the India data this weekend for ya btw! If you need any help inputting data through the ingame screen or through an excell or .cvs sheet mail me. I am pretty experienced in those things. I am also good in finding data. And I have approx 10 hours a week to put into that!

Waerth

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 08:30:40 pm
Quote from: "waerth"

Hi, sorry if I am a bit pushy but approx when will they appear in game ..... silly me actually went ahead and bought some airplanes to fly the routes. I will do the India data this weekend for ya btw! If you need any help inputting data through the ingame screen or through an excell or .cvs sheet mail me. I am pretty experienced in those things. I am also good in finding data. And I have approx 10 hours a week to put into that!

Waerth

In the past I noticed that many new submitted airports appeared on a Tuesday (or was it Wednesday? cant remember). Just submitted a bunch of airports in Greece.

Nice to see that you will handle the airports in India. Now I can delete them from my to-do-list :D Still a lot to do. Next ones I will submit (or search for updated pax/cargo data): Chile, Finland & Hungary. When you have finished India would you like to take another nation? If so please let me know. Just to avoid double work. :wink:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 08:44:11 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "waerth"

Waerth

In the past I noticed that many new submitted airports appeared on a Tuesday (or was it Wednesday? cant remember). Just submitted a bunch of airports in Greece.

Nice to see that you will handle the airports in India. Now I can delete them from my to-do-list :D Still a lot to do. Next ones I will submit (or search for updated pax/cargo data): Chile, Finland & Hungary. When you have finished India would you like to take another nation? If so please let me know. Just to avoid double work. :wink:

Yes Jan I could do the Saudi Arabia one as well. If you find any other data for small nations in the Asia and pacific area please PM it to me ..... according to another game there should be 35 airports in Myanmar ..... I would love to have the data for that ;)

Waerth

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 08:44:17 pm
Rick does his best and when able he adds or updates the data. I am working on a better backend system to speed up this process as there is a significant workload to get through.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 08:54:02 pm
@waerth
I will see what I can do for Myanmar and let you know.

@Stephen
Sure he does. Otherwise I guess he would not be part of the team anymore :D It is just like us "being a customer". A customer wants its meal hot and fast and does not want to wait an hour :lol: Although a good meal in a full restaurant needs that time. Hope he does not feel bad cause we push him and throw a lot of work on his desk... :lol:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk