:scratch: :scratch:

Nobody has Flight Sims?

example: X-plane, FSX, FS9/FS2004, etc, etc
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:18:33 am
It's a summer morning in 1946, somewhere east of Moscow. A roar of engines shatters the silence, explosions ripping across the nearby airstrip. All of a sudden, one of the 4 raiders, an Il-2, gets hit by a hailstorm of 20mm cannonshells. The Il-2 is ripped apart. In the matter of 2 minutes, another two plummet towards the ground.

Circling high above in large circles, Lt. Klaus Bekker pulls his aircraft back towards the airfield. 'Damn, that last one got away. But at least we got 3 of those pesky Russians. It's about time we get that early warning radar up and running. Leninskoye Airbase is no use if those pesky Shturmoviks hit it every morning!'

Lt. Klaus rounds up his wingmen, and returns to Leninskoye. Luckily the runway has escaped unharmed. Back on base, Klaus marvels at his lovely new plane. Nicknamed the Huckebein, the Focke Wulf Ta-183 is the very latest among jet fighters. With it's sleek swept-back wings, it is supposedly able to go supersonic in a dive!

A bell rings, and an officer runs out of the tower towards Klaus. 'B-17s! Spotted on the banks of the Kubyshevskoye! 8 of them! Get as many Huckebeins up there as possible, and shoot them down before they can do any damage to our supply lines!
Klaus runs towards his plane, starts up his engine and taxies out to the runway. The Ta-183 shudders as the engine throttles up the maximum power, and screams off the runway. A single wingman follows. The 3 other Huckebeins had broken down.
Speeding across the countryside, the two pilots form up. The ground crew had managed to refuel and rearm the jets, and they had even been equipped with 4 X-4 air-to-air missiles.

'There! 4 early version B-17s! 1000 meters, heading west-south-west!' shouts Klaus into the microphone, jubilantly ordering his wingman to attack at will! They both fire a missile each. They hit their respective targets, blowing the tail section right off and sending 2 B-17s tumbling down. As the two jets approach, they open fire with a lethal barrage of four 20mm cannons. The second B-17 explodes right in front of Klaus. He pulls up hard, looping around for a second run. Spotting his target, he runs in, guns blazing. The B-17 is shredded.

SLAM! BANG! 'Damn, one of the B-17s wingmen must have gotten a lucky hit!' shouts Klaus, as fragments tears through his canopy, engine and cannons.

'Time to get out of here'. Klaus explains to his wingman that he has been hit, and is going to eject. Thank god for the ejection seat. Klaus pulls out of range of the bombers, and pulls that handle. A powerful rocket egnites, sending Klaus rocketing into the sky.

Klaus reaches the ground without any trouble. He grabs for his emergency radio, calling for pickup. After a short while, he hears the familiar 'whup whup whup' sound of the CSAR helicopter, a Flettner modified with heavy weapons and night vision gear. At least Klaus will live to fly another day. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:22:47 am by Virgin Serbia »
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:52:22 pm
Hmmm. what FS is this?
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:26:38 pm
Il-2 Sturmovik

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IL-2_Sturmovik_%28video_game%29

This game kicks ass. MS FSX can barely manage to keep up with it, and Il-2 1946 is hardly anything more than a lot of expansions to the original Il-2 release from 2001 :lol:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:57:21 am by Virgin Serbia »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 11:59:17 pm
At St. Marteen, the ATC made a fatal error. Ten more meters, and it would have been a fatal crash!

Also at St. Marteen, I was following a small propeller at a low speed. And here, low speed is under 130 knots!

Finally, some eyecandy :)

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 01:17:44 pm
Here are a few from a strike on St. Petersburg, dated December 26th 1947. The strike was performed by Finnish AF Arado Ar-234s and Hungarian AF Focke Wulf Fw-200s. At least 2 Fw-200s were shot down, as well as a single Arado.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:34:50 pm
nice. I remember seeing the almost Dash 8 crash in another thread :P
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 07:44:05 am
nice. I remember seeing the almost Dash 8 crash in another thread :P

You mean the Islander?

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 07:00:14 pm
yeah, i guess
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 08:29:03 pm
Can you change the name of the thread to the Flight Simulator screenshot thread? It would be more appropriate ;)

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:10 pm
A P-39Q-10 Aircobra lining up for a strike on a Luftwaffe airbase

Following a strike on a factory complex in western Russia, i limp home in my battle-scared He-111. My nose gunner is dead, and the pilot is wounded. The plane is leaking and the starboard engine has been knocked out. I hit the factory though.  

I also find a few old ones, from Silent Hunter III.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:25:04 pm by Virgin Serbia »

boeing

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 10:56:09 pm
British Airways at shannon

TU-154

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:59:17 pm by boeing »

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 11:22:32 pm
nice!
Sincerely, Mastafa

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 09:25:53 pm
I had a go in the mother of all flight simulators today. I'm afraid i have no photos for you. It was a full size 737-800 simulator, an actual one used for training pilots. I got to try 2 landings. First one was on calm wind, and was spot on! Second go was with a 10 knot crosswind, and according to the instructor, it was a textbook approach, but the landing itself was a bit hard :D

And yes, i'm going for the real deal now. After high-school, i'm going to become a real pilot! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk