Show your colors - The Liveries Topic

Shawa · 893 · 199605

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 02:34:04 am
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Quote from: "yourefired"
I'm still in the process of making a color scheme....but I can't seem to find an image modifying program that works on macOS. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

Speaking of which, if anyone can find a schematic for the A345/A346 (preferrably the A346), that would be lovely :)

Try looking up an image of a FlyI A319  :wink:  :lol:

Well, I wanted to do a slight modification to the old FlyI livery...:D

Possibly a blue on white instead of a white on blue, or a completely different color altogether.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 03:19:31 am
made myself a Boeing Colored 787-800 with Virgin America title...

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 03:57:08 am
I tried:

LiveQuartz
GIMP

GIMP didn't work, and LiveQuartz frankly sucks. I'll let you know how Pixelmator goes.

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 05:05:28 am
Just like the RW Vincent Aviation:
(Rob Neil (photographer) is a good friend of my dad's, don't think there will be copyright issues ;)

EDIT: Forgot the pic :oops:  :lol:
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 05:06:54 am
I'm still in the process of making a color scheme....but I can't seem to find an image modifying program that works on macOS. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

Speaking of which, if anyone can find a schematic for the A345/A346 (preferrably the A346), that would be lovely :)

Photoshop?  It's only been around since Mac Plus.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 07:19:05 am
I have Pixelmator which seems to work okay for me, for now, but the thing's like $60 or something, so I have to find another program. I don't have $60 to spend.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 07:48:32 am
Finally, after 4 hours of toiling away on Pixelmator (which I actually like....but wouldn't spend $60 for), my A346 livery is finished. Take a look...what do you think? I was going to have the fuselage painted a very light emerald green (or a very light baby blue), but I decided against it. Go with the white fuselage, partially some other color fuselage, or a completely colored one? I'm open to critiquing. (though in my infinity stupidity I forgot to save a Pixelmator based version.....just the JPG-time to go make another one)

Yes, I know it's watermarked, but I can't figure out how to remove it. And I had to get a photobucket account just to post this online.....if anyone can show me how to get rid of that watermark, I'd love to know.

Okay, so the photobucket thing doesn't work...I'll try imageshack. If not, I'll give you the password to my album.

Source: modified from http://www.hansjoachim-weiss.de/galerie/luftfahrt/bilder/airbus/A340-600_01-02.jpg
Inspired by the old, defunct Independence Air livery

Okay, it's working. Awesome.

Next on the agenda: A320, A321, A330-300, A345, FT Alliance livery (just A321). Oh god, I'm gonna cry.

On top of this, I have 30 days to find an image editor that doesn't cost $60, has the same functions as Pixelmator, and doesn't take 2 hours to learn. The third isn't as important as the first two. Does anyone know of such a program?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 09:17:13 am
Here are some of my liveries:

And to top it off, the first one I ever designed and is kind of, well, weird:

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 10:58:24 am
So I went back and recreated the thing, and I think I have a cooler one, though I can't decide on a color scheme....help me.

Baby blue+white?

OR

Emerald Green+white?

OR

Baby blue+white #2?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 11:18:32 am
I'd go for three with some more items on it. The green doesn't seem to fit in with the blue. The tail you designed makes your logo, well, erm, not stand out at all, which is a shame as it's actually quite a nice logo.

justinm

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 11:42:44 am
wow mr orange's planes look nice. very sleek and the colors are very lively
img]http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3132/airtsisigsv0.jpg[/img]

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 11:44:32 am
Yes i aggree his planes do look very stream line . . . i like the second one the best i think thats pretty cool.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 11:46:02 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
I'd go for three with some more items on it. The green doesn't seem to fit in with the blue. The tail you designed makes your logo, well, erm, not stand out at all, which is a shame as it's actually quite a nice logo.

Thanks...I thought the blue on blue would look kind of cool...kind of like the two tone blue on blue thing (I had a big white i and nothing else for the first design)....maybe the tail should be blue on white instead. I can't figure what to put on the fuselage either...I kind of do like the white fuselage though, very clean and modern looking.

That tail design is just something I threw together because I was too tired, disoriented, and out of creative juice to make anything better... :wink:

AustraliaConnect

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 12:07:21 pm
Can someone tell me what i need to improve on my livery?
Its just a really rush drawing...I MEAN REALLY RUSHY...

I need critisism... also, hows is everyones soo neat...

Remember...IM only 13
elcome to a new era - AustraliaConnect

Connecting Australians to the World!

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 12:13:05 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"

Thanks...I thought the blue on blue would look kind of cool...kind of like the two tone blue on blue thing (I had a big white i and nothing else for the first design)....maybe the tail should be blue on white instead. I can't figure what to put on the fuselage either...I kind of do like the white fuselage though, very clean and modern looking.

That tail design is just something I threw together because I was too tired, disoriented, and out of creative juice to make anything better... :wink:

If I look at my designs, the best ones are the ones with a white fuselage. Besides, they are really easy to make. This, for instance, would be what I would make out of your livery if it were on a 733:

Takes 5 minutes at best. That said, white fuselages work really well for small airplanes because they don't look too empty. Make a white fuselage on a big airplane and it's bound to look crap. And I'm not the kind of artist who can fill up those spaces.

@AusConnect: You might want to consider painting the doors as well. Apart from that, the AustraliaConnect is not really that visible, it might have to stand out more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk