Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: October 14, 2008, 03:30:45 pm
learn economics people; competition is good!!!

not for the owner class...
(learn Marxism :P)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: May 20, 2009, 08:01:29 am
There could be some sense in the $1 route, if it feeds your longhaul operation.

Today, when you buy a ticket from a big international airline for a long-haul flight, with a domestic connection, they don't charge you the domestic flight.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: May 20, 2009, 03:54:26 pm
Today, when you buy a ticket from a big international airline for a long-haul flight, with a domestic connection, they don't charge you the domestic flight.

Really? What airline? I need to start flying them.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: June 14, 2009, 07:41:53 pm

iran air used to do that, but with rising fuel they got rid of it. I got about 2 return domestic flight's; one on a F100 and another on a A300 (EPI-IBA)

I was also just thinking, only if I could buy E1 flights without surcharge, baggage etc :(

bmibabyrule

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: June 17, 2009, 09:24:57 am

ill think ill have  1 euro day all fares  1 euro !!!! LOL  :)

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: June 27, 2009, 09:44:32 am

I think Malaysia Airline does something similar.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: July 28, 2009, 03:57:25 pm
For some strange reason, I get a kick from putting 1€ fares on routes. I always do it between bases and someimes do those routes as 6or 7 times a day, as many as a plane can do. Yeah I lose money. But I don't care. Noboys else makes it on that route. Just close it and make another one. That's what happens in reality right?

Do you think it bad of me if I try to get to the position where I can aford to put multi freq and 1 euro charges on all major routes out of a base?

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #202 on: September 20, 2009, 07:53:48 am
I tried that on some routes, and it made some profits (most of which, though, have negative profits), and that's what I'm really wondering about... how can a start-up airline really profit from having one euro fares?

I'd say that careful planning, along with a more careful choice of aircraft, would help in making sure that one euro fare routes can have profits. So far, there's no one euro route with my airline (ID no. 30954), but I tried it once with a domestic route, and it did not make any profits at all (negative profit), so I think it should be proceeded with utmost caution.
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

echen1024

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: January 04, 2014, 12:06:23 am
I was sort of pissed at an airline that decided to parallel my routes, so I organized them into blocks with a mix of high earning and low earning in each block, and for 2 months each, charged 10 euro fares. He shortly left my base.

TheLastBaron

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • The Last Baron
Reply #204 on: November 22, 2014, 06:15:01 am
Ryanair wiped the floor with Easyjet when they tried to enter the Irish market. Then dropped the routes after when Easyjet pulled out. Despite some being profitable.  :roll:

I despise Ryanair and would rather stick forks in my eyeballs than give that c&^t O'Leary even 1 penny. They have ruined the airline business on so many levels. O'Leary needs to be locked into one of his toilets for a round the world flight with no food, no water, no light, no air, preferably head in the bowl while on permaflush...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk