on: March 17, 2011, 05:11:57 pm
Airline ID: 18849
World ID: PW#1474
Current world year: May 1970
Current bases: Rome, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Zurich, Madrid
DOC: 21.25M
Forum code: Airline Mogul - See my airline

Goals: Top ranking

Do two 0.5 frequencies, with different planes, work the same as a single 1.0 frequency with a single plane? Is this a good way to use up the leftover hours on my planes, or does it not work well?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:55:29 pm by Unknown98 »
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:49:27 pm
As soon as you put a second plane on the same route, both planes will be competing with each other. Depending on the distance, it's always better to have one plane doing 1-frequency than two at 0.5-frequency.

In order to avoid planes with extra hours, better route planning is needed. I use an Excel spreadsheet to track all routes, what planes fly which routes, and what routes I'm not doing (including block time) to ensure I always have 23.75-23.99 hours for each plane used.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:02:47 pm
Hmm, ok. I may try doing something like that in the future. It would take a while to transfer all my routes now.
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:28:56 am
I had a similar question, as the world I created, we use multi frequency flights only. So scheduling is somewhat nightmarish. Although it is true, once you put two planes on the same route the load factor decreases, but it isn't due to the extra competition.

If you operate a flight at 1 freq at $300 with 100% load factor then adding another flight (through frequency or another a/c) will decreased the load factor because of the increased seat availability. BUT, this assumes you use either 1,2,3, ect frequency flights.

Now, it gets really strange when you start to pair 0.5 with 1.0s. Say for example, you have 2 planes with enough hours to fly to point "A" and another plane, with enough for 1.0 trip to "A," both planes are the same. BUT, if you create the two 0.5 flights first both at 100% load factor, and then the 1.0 flight to get 100% load factor, as long as the prices are right, the load factors won't change. IF you do it the other way around, load factor on the 1.0 flight will decrease.

Not sure if that makes sense, but I think AM needs a little tweaking in the multi-frequency department,  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk