Foreign bases

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
on: January 20, 2010, 02:29:05 am
PW #740
Focus cities: [4]6

Typically, when creating bases, do airlines create multiple foreign bases, or stick with one (or none)? If you are going to put a base in a foreign continent to expand your flights, I'm thinking you probally only want one (depending on the limit in your world), yet that limits your route options a lot. But, say your world has a limit of 7 bases, you don't want to use up four of those on just two bases do you? Then you'd only be able to create 3 domestic bases, which I would expect limit your growth more since you have less route options than you would have if you just stayed domestic. I'm debating right now if I want to create a base in south america or australia, or stick to just creating 7 bases across north america. I kinda want to move into mexico/central america, but that counts as it's own continent, so I'd be in the same bubble.

Any advice?  :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:30:44 am by Unknown98 »
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:25:23 am
Generally I would not create foreign bases, as they take 2 away from your base allowance and it is harder to fly to the same airports (cutting down on gate rental). However, if you want to base in a specific place outside your home continent, you could try it out.

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:10:40 pm
Hmm, ok thanks.
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:53:58 pm
To put it another way, if you want to aim for a high ranking, never create foreign bases.

If you want to just have fun, do whatever you want.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk