Airline Mogul Forum

View frequencies left on a plane?

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
on: January 03, 2010, 01:15:27 am
Is there a way to view the frequencies that are left on a plane without actually buying a new gate and enduring research fees? I'm not sure if my plane has enough frequencies left to fly another route or not, and I don't want to buy a gate and endure research fees if I don't have to.
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 01:22:06 am
You can try and calculate it.
The time to fly a route =  ([Route Distance] * [Number Frequencies] * 2 / [Aircraft Speed]) + ([Turn Time]* 2)
Compare that to the remaining time on the aircraft.
Essentially, it is the total distance travelled divided by speed plus the total turn time.

Note: the two is there because frequencies is measured in return journeys - i.e. two flights.

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 01:25:59 am
The time to fly a route =  ([Route Distance] * [Number Frequencies] * 2 / [Aircraft Speed]) + ([Turn Time]* 2)

Would I put the frequency I want to fly there (So 1, going on from what I learned from my other thread)?

And this would tell me how long this new route will take? How would I compare that to what's left on my plane?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 01:51:51 am
The time to fly a route =  ([Route Distance] * [Number Frequencies] * 2 / [Aircraft Speed]) + ([Turn Time]* 2)

Would I put the frequency I want to fly there (So 1, going on from what I learned from my other thread)?

And this would tell me how long this new route will take? How would I compare that to what's left on my plane?

Yes, that is called Block Time (time to travel one-way).

Here is another version of the same formula...

After you calculate the Block Time, look for the aircraft you want to fly that route in your View Aircraft page. If the Block Time is less than what is left in the "Hours" column, then the plane can fly that route.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 02:04:19 am
Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk