Airline Mogul Forum

Can I use credit to create new focus city?

Vincent-C

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:55 am
I have maxed out my anotov on domestic flights, making around 215k per day after gate rental and route cost. I have 3 million now, and I thought of starting a new base nearby to make more domestic routes, with another anotov or ATR, probably leasing them.

I wonder if my bank balance can go into red for creating new focus city, which cost some 6.4m. Am I progressing right?

I also wonder if I should get an ATR-42 400 with 50 seats or  Antonov An-38-200 with 27 seats. My route distance ranges from 60nm to 320nm. My shorter routes basically has 0 competitors. Which plane would make me more profit?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:06:20 am by Vincent-C »

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:25:34 pm
ATR for sure,
However, I'll recommend Antonov An-38 if your DOC is lower than 2m

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:50 pm
You can't go into negative to create a new focus city, you have to have the money when you make it.

Vincent-C

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:01:35 pm
I dropped my plan to create the new focus city. I leased 2 ATR-72-200 and one Bombardier CRJ-100, as these both are the most suitable ones on the lease list, which doesn't provide much choices.

I then maxed out all these planes on almost all nearby airports, and it boosted up my DOC from 250k to 1.4m. The ATR-72-200 rate is 1.2m while the Bombardier is 1.5m.

I wonder if I can replace the leased aircraft with the one I bought when I have more cash later. Will I have to setup all the routes again or I can just replace it with a single click?

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:05:38 pm
You'll have to set up all the routes again (currently)   ^-^

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

Vincent-C

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 04:10:41 pm
Should I get back the same plane that I leased if I were to buy new planes? If I buy different planes, say with a lower speed, the plane might not be able to cover the same amount of destinations as before?

Which plane do you recommend for 0nm to 300nm, and 300nm to 600nm?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 04:14:54 pm
I would say not to worry about replacing those planes yet. At this time, you need to grow. If you are getting more planes, why not put them on new routes? Once you have a strong income, you could then consider replacing your leases.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Vincent-C

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:39 pm
I would say not to worry about replacing those planes yet. At this time, you need to grow. If you are getting more planes, why not put them on new routes? Once you have a strong income, you could then consider replacing your leases.

Thanks for the suggestion. There are only 3 years left in the world I'm playing, I suppose it doesn't make a difference whether I'm getting a used or a brand new plane?

What planes are recommended for airline expansion in my case? I have covered most of the 400nm to 500nm+ routes from the base I start.

Is it possible for a plane to have two routes departure from different airports? Say, from A > B, then C > D, the plane will teleport to airport C automatically?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:00:38 am by Vincent-C »

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 08:14:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. There are only 3 years left in the world I'm playing, I suppose it doesn't make a difference whether I'm getting a used or a brand new plane?

What planes are recommended for airline expansion in my case? I have covered most of the 400nm to 500nm+ routes from the base I start.

Is it possible for a plane to have two routes departure from different airports? Say, from A > B, then C > D, the plane will teleport to airport C automatically?

Well, yes - in AM, airplanes older than 3 years cost alot to maintain - so buying a 2 years old used plane won't be a good idea.
Depending on your budget you will be able to choose a different airplane.
Use the Aircraft Search (http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/aircraft_search.php - you must be logged in to your AM account to enter that link) and insert the stats you want your airplane to have. The more seats the airplane has / the faster it goes is better for small, regional airplanes.
You can's make your airplane teleport. You can fly A>B and then B>C (if B or C are focus cities).

And no - you can

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk