Airline Mogul Forum

Airbus A300B1

Skyfox · 78 · 14044

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 02, 2008, 02:54:07 am
This is just a concern of mine. I was wondering what effect this jet will have on many routes in competative areas. If every major airline in Europe dumps these on every single route, which im assumeing they will, will that lead to a massive devalueing of those routes and an even more competaitve atmosphere due to passenger shortage very soon?

Since the loadfactor math is so horribly screwed up in this game, im worried that the impact will be negative because of rampent undercuting. Any thoughts?

SATA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:57:20 am
im not sure if alot of European airlines woul but the A300 B1 My only reason is that it is far too slow! :?

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 02:59:39 am
My observation comes from looking at the profiles of the major european airlines, Each one has atleast 20 on order.

Granted it is horribly slow, but it moves a good number of people, and the range aint half bad. In Europe it will have pretty good impact, but given that the price and loadfactor mathematics are as they are, im expecting this bird to cause alot of frustration as soon as the first ones are delivered. We have about 50 hours or so of normal gameplay left.

SATA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 03:01:31 am
Wow i dont understand it will no be capible of doing that much routes :?

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 03:08:25 am
Correction, i think ALFC's got 30 on order, Lusitana's got 50, and the other dudes got 70. Or maybe vice versa, forgot whos who, but thats alot of very high pax birds. Europes a nice little area, but im very concerned since i dont think the PAX is there to support them all, prices atleast are going to go wayyy down, especialy for smaller airlines that cant afford to dump one on every route.

SATA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 03:12:51 am
i do agree with ya there i might consider buying them cause if everyone is going to do this i will to and join in on the low prices or evenput a bigger aircraft than them on the routes :D

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:06:46 am
I think they'll find the plane to be of limited use, given its slow speed and long turn times.  That means fewer sectors per plane, which means pretty low per-plane profits.

For the same price you can get two Mecures, which can carry the same number of people when you double the frequency (although its range sucks).
lying Badger Airlines

flyfire

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 04:46:11 am
i totally agree. i think the best new plane is the dc9-50 good speed load and range
LY the FIRe

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 08:20:48 am
This is why airline Mogul airline CEO's would be fired in 10 minutes in the real world.

Question:
Your routes are suffering from over capacity, and extremely low prices, what do you do:

Airline Mogul CEO answer:
Uhhhhhh I put bigger and more planes on it ......

Waerth

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 08:41:05 am
Quote from: "waerth"
This is why airline Mogul airline CEO's would be fired in 10 minutes in the real world.

Question:
Your routes are suffering from over capacity, and extremely low prices, what do you do:

Waerth

:lol:

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 10:28:26 am

Question:

Waerth

See, if AM had a hub effect going, then we wouldnt be sacked in the real world, because i would say:
"Our hub generates so much traffic, we need bigger aircraft on certain routes to fly these passengers"

8)
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 10:44:52 am

Question:

Waerth

I have always maintained that the average AM players are idiots :P
... but I doubt they would get fired... because they shouldn't even get hired.
If the people are smart enough to hire them, they would not be dumb enough to fire them. (doesn't this sentence sound strange? :lol: )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 04:58:00 pm
I ordered a handful of them, just to try them out. Speed and turn around time is not really an issue. You get a lot of seats for a very low price and on high density routes in EU and USA they will blow the competition out of the water.

Now if I only had some time to edit my routes.....

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 10:38:56 pm
I've ordered 4 for US work between major centres to replace 727's doing 2x frequencies- I'm small enough to edit routes :D
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 12:29:19 am
Quote from: "dktc"
[
If the people are smart enough to hire them, they would not be dumb enough to fire them. (doesn't this sentence sound strange? :lol: )

Other way round, isn't it?

If the people are dumb enough to hire them, they wouldn't be smart enough to fire them.
lying Badger Airlines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk