Airline Mogul Forum

Is My Airline In Trouble?

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 11:45:07 am
I'm really looking forward to having hotswapping. I'm upgrading like 80% of my fleet which means reprogramming 300 flights. :(

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

myavia

• Airline Operative
  • fly. in style.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 12:39:00 pm
meaning we dont have to cancel each and every route just to change the machine aite?
i would love that feature too!

myavia - fly.in style.
id: 12041

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 02:06:06 pm
Quote from: "myavia"
meaning we dont have to cancel each and every route just to change the machine aite?
i would love that feature too!

One of the first things on Stephen's and Will's to-do list. ;)

LIBERTYAIRLINESCEO

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 10:10:50 pm
I upped to three roundtrips (JFK-DAB) because I faced competition in a market that I monopolized.  I have added frequency and lowered prices to maybe drive them out of the JFK-DAB market.  My profit for this route went up another EUR5,000.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 10:28:24 pm
Quote from: "LIBERTYAIRLINESCEO"
I upped to three roundtrips (JFK-DAB) because I faced competition in a market that I monopolized.  I have added frequency and lowered prices to maybe drive them out of the JFK-DAB market.  My profit for this route went up another EUR5,000.

:lol:

Friendly advice: in this game it is very, very hard to drive anyone away from a route.

Yes, I'm one of your competitors.  :wink:

If you look at that route, you'll see that I have near 100% LF with a price much higher than yours. Why would I go away?

Another observation/advice is that yes, you may have added €5,000 with that third round-trip. But think of it this way: if you had used those plane-hours on another route, wouldn't you be making more than €5,000?

Don't take me wrong - I have nothing against competition. Nor am I one of those players that goes ballistic when a competitor does multiple frequencies or lowers prices a little bit too much. Just... maybe you could try a few different things that might help your airline grow faster. :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk