Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 09:21:08 pm
Perhaps you guys can move to asia.  Thanks to people like Nihon Kokuritsu Koku・日本国立 you've got poorly run airlines by people who don't have the wherewithal to understand economics who are driving prices to that level simply because they're too lazy to set up more than one route per plane.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 09:37:34 pm
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
Perhaps you guys can move to asia.  Thanks to people like Nihon Kokuritsu Koku・日本国立 you've got poorly run airlines by people who don't have the wherewithal to understand economics who are driving prices to that level simply because they're too lazy to set up more than one route per plane.

Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
First, THANK YOU to the admins for giving us somewhere to talk about this.  Every time I've tried to give comments on this, the thread has been shut down already.

In terms of the topic itself, why are people complaining about this.

Hmmm...   Exactly why do these threads get locked?  Looks like you answered your own question. And when this thread ends up getting locked, you won't whine about how the mods and admins are power hungry, self-obsessed, and only let things praising the game to exist????? This is exactly why the other ones keep getting locked.  You found your complainer and he is you.....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 10:01:20 pm
oh c'mon Cornfield, chill :P  :lol:

Let them point fingers at each other. We already have 1 person getting named. Now let's see how many more will be isolated, and whether any of them will fight back. I want to see a flame war here for a change :wink:  :P  :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 10:53:33 pm
Wow some people take this GAME (yes, it's just a game) way too seriously. What do you get for being the biggest airline? (Oh apart from everyone thinking you're a freak with no life outside your computer)
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 11:30:03 pm
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 03:50:23 am
? Wha? :?
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

ashenwelt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 03:51:58 am
The point isn't the 1 euro.  The point is that it is often poor sportsmanship.  You end up having insane trade wars.  Which in real life don't really happen.

It is a game... un-sportsman-like behavior is an issue.

When this is done, it is often to keep neebies from joining.  Sure, a lot of tiny airlines complain.  I am not running a giant, but I do not run a small faction.  Can I deal?  Sure.

ABout the best solution would be to make it easier to get about an 80% fill with multiple airlines, with competition.  1 Euro should NOT be the difference between 100% and 0% loading.  That just is inane.  But that means more work under the hood.

ashenwelt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 03:53:38 am
You know, this really was a very poor thread to sticky... when it is a real problem.

Let the calm and polite get locked, and instead sticky the vulgar and rude?  Gimme a break.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 03:54:53 am
Quote from: "ashenwelt"
You know, this really was a very poor thread to sticky... when it is a real problem.

Let the calm and polite get locked, and instead sticky the vulgar and rude?  Gimme a break.

This thread was actually created to get rid of the arguing in the forums  :lol:

So the mods dont need to deal with the other threads

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SirThoreth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 04:03:26 am
Quote from: "Jps"

Stickying the thread is fine.  Stickying a post from another player shouting "shut the hell up" is, well, ridiculous.  I'd probably delete nwaboy's post, and split this into a new stickied thread at dtkc's post.

By stickying nwaboy's flamepost, the game staff is, essentially, saying "*cabbage* you, and the horse you rode in on" to anyone who feels that this is unsportsmanlike behavior.  It's ridiculous and, in the long term, not healthy for the game.  I've watched games equivalent to AirlineMogul's size crash and burn before in a horrible, fiery mess for far, far less imflammitory behavior.
img]http://www.websown.com/~jdonahue/Mescalero.JPG[/img]
Mescalero Air - Lords of Ze Biplanes!
Current Fleet: 525 An-2P "Colts" - Yes, I am a madman.  It is well-known!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 04:09:23 am
Oh and I'd like to add to that.. new players would be ready to pack their bags and leave if they saw this thread. What if they wanted to find info on this matter? It would be good for nwaboy to edit and tell them instead of a big SHUT THE H*LL UP on the first post.

What if they just came and didnt know anything about it?

ashenwelt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 04:09:51 am

On any of the forums I run, mod or heavily participate... the lead post would have been at best locked.  Or at worst deleted and the user suspended (deleted I think would have been fine, but one board in particular prob would have banned him).

Instead of stopping argument and discussion, this thread just inflams some people such as myself.  Instead of looking at the core issues that people see, they just irritate people.

In the end this kind of behavior will prob kill this game.  Who knows.

SirThoreth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 04:22:47 am
Oh and I'd like to add to that.. new players would be ready to pack their bags and leave if they saw this thread. What if they wanted to find info on this matter? It would be good for nwaboy to edit and tell them instead of a big SHUT THE H*LL UP on the first post.

What if they just came and didnt know anything about it?

New players will not last long in AirlineMogul.  It's just not going to happen.  Why?  Because a new player jumping in has to deal with:

1.  Saturated high-profit routes, that make it hard to break in and make any money.
2.  Price wars driving down some of the aforementioned routes, such that nobody is making any money on them.
3.  The necessary expansion of the larger airlines who, in order to maintain the aforementioned price wars, must then branch out and saturate every other route they can possibly make money on.

This is why we keep resetting the game periodically: games like AirlineMogul must, eventually, reach a static equilibrium, where, eventually, prices reach a stable point.  Unfortunately, as the last turn shows, that equilibrium is, all too often, where nobody's really making any money, because "equilibrium" on so many routes is 0-1 Euro.

Hopping into the forums?  That'll just make it worse.  It gives the sense that the game staff simply doesn't care about resolving the issue, and are actively hostile towards members of the playerbase that bring it up.  No way to get ahead, eventually no way to keep your head above water, a playerbase that's incredibly hostile, and a game staff that's apathetic at best and hostile at worst?  Yeah....those are not the ingredients for a game that will expand.
img]http://www.websown.com/~jdonahue/Mescalero.JPG[/img]
Mescalero Air - Lords of Ze Biplanes!
Current Fleet: 525 An-2P "Colts" - Yes, I am a madman.  It is well-known!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 04:49:52 am
I started in the 2003 in the 00's round...I still survived...

I was new before..the forums HELPED me get through.

Price wars? Smart people just move out and delete the route.  :lol:

MSAirways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 04:55:11 am
If a new player that comes in late or mid round, yes they may not be a success, but they will learn the game so that in the next round they know what to do. If you start adding restrictions so that late comers have the advantage, you will penalize those that want to really like to play mogul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk