PW2180 (Sojourner Dream) FULL - New world to be created

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 09:23:50 am
- Password - do I need to make it really private or would you like more airlines to join in during the game?
I would like it without, but then you should be prepared that some noobs might join. But that just makes it a lot funnnier, then someone will finally buy those 5-year old planes :lol:

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:42 pm
- Password - do I need to make it really private or would you like more airlines to join in during the game?
I would like it without, but then you should be prepared that some noobs might join. But that just makes it a lot funnnier, then someone will finally buy those 5-year old planes :lol:

As a noob, I was considering joining a Private World in order to gain experience and see how they work.
I wonder if there is a PW where noobs would be welcome (clearly not this one)?
I also wonder at what point does a noob stop being a noob and become a 'big-boy', and worthy of mixing with the other experts that presumably were born as experts and never had to go through the tiresome learning process of being a noob?
 :roll:
 :D
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505
Airline Mogul - See my airline

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 07:27:20 pm
Good points about the password question. I have activated a password in my previous world to control the number of members to join my world, which of course meant a more private feel, resulting in better competition. However, with the maximum number set at 80 (due to demand from previous worlds), I have experienced an oversupply of slots, underutilizing my world's capability to thrive and succeed.

In comparison to public worlds where no passwords are given, airlines who join in who may be unfamiliar with the ground rules may be confused on how to operate their airline that they may be far behind from the leaders, eventually losing interest from playing in such worlds. Using a password in my world would make me spend a few extra tokens, but it would give this world a more competitive edge; should I not use a password, there would be so many airlines joining in that would result in two scenarios:

- High demand versus limited supply: in two of my previous worlds, I needed to expand twice to accommodate more airlines, costing me more tokens.

- Dropping activity levels. If an airline (especially those new to the game) will find my rules and the system confusing, chances are the airline could lose interest from operating well in a private world.

With that in mind, I have two suggestions:

- Password-activated: up to 60 airlines
- No password: up to 40 airlines

Which do you think would be a better idea?
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 11:38:05 pm
-Quote snip-
I also wonder at what point does a noob stop being a noob and become a 'big-boy', and worthy of mixing with the other experts that presumably were born as experts and never had to go through the tiresome learning process of being a noob?
Well, I was kinda joking there... :D

Quote from: wishfulanthony link=topic=12803.msg115840&date=1325186840
With that in mind, I have two suggestions:

- Password-activated: up to 60 airlines
- No password: up to 40 airlines

Which do you think would be a better idea?
I would prefer no password with up to 60 airlines, referring to my previous post.

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 08:46:29 am
I like with password otherwise there will be a lot of inactive airlines

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 11:20:25 pm
Happy New Year to all, and you still have time to sign up for my upcoming world. So far, the debate on whether to have a password on my new world is split, and I'm still considering opening my world to other new airlines (eventually with no password needed). However, to make that happen, I will need to write down my own tips and tricks in a set of documents so that you will know what to do and expect for my upcoming world.
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 12:09:27 am
If you look at the world called 'Doing it Big' (2169), there is no password. It is already filling up quite nicely, and many airlines keep active even after one real year. I can recommend a world without password if you want many players, but if you want an exclusive world I understand your choice of password.

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 11:01:24 am
I've considered a no password option, Matias, since I've done that before with a previous world, yet the side effect is that I needed to expand twice to keep up with demand, resulting in spending more tokens than usual. In your opinion, how many airlines are you comfortable competing against in a private world with no password?

Since you opened up that option, I would like to announce that my world will be password free as well. Let's see how far this goes... (a free for all, perhaps)
Proud owner of

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 11:11:52 am
The more slots you have open, the more active players you will end having. But if you add 20 slots after three years, those airlines joining then will be active for longer than the other airlines.

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 09:22:24 pm
I am tapping your suggestion, and I will implement it. I have time in my hands to make that decision in time for the opening. So what about no password, 50 to 60 airline spots?
Proud owner of

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 07:45:22 pm
When do we start..??

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 10:46:07 pm
Next week. I will do a soft launch a day before, then I will announce the official launch here. And it will be password free, so no need to think of codes to get in.
Proud owner of

AirbusL1011

• Airline Operative
  • Back after a year-long break!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 09:42:09 pm
Name: Australia Blue
Starthub: Sydney Kingsford Smith airport

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 07:58:20 am
I am pleased to announce that starting today, you can join my new world, PW2180, called Sojourner Dream. I chose the name because many of us players here are airline travelers, in which we have our own dream destinations. This is the first world in which I have modified some of the original proposals I made from the time I made my first announcement, including:

- 750,000 euro start up money (up by more than 2x the original amount of 350,000)
- Reduced number of overall bases to 15 to make the game more competitive (yet I kept the 5 foreign bases as planned)
- You'll now get three B737-500s instead of two, and you'll have two gates to begin with
- Finally, with considerable thinking, I've made the world password-free, with maximum of 60 players

To sign up and start playing, click here. In the process, I will set up the forums to make your experience seamless and enjoyable. And again, if you have any questions, please ask them here, not on the private world forum.
Proud owner of

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 08:20:16 am

YellowAir
Dubai

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk