Airline Mogul Forum

What the heck is going on with my maintenance fees??

oilersfan3594

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 17, 2010, 05:40:45 am
I'm in PW #452, BizAir Canada.

Can someone explain this to me?

My maintenance fees yesterday (or last game month) were about $127M, my fleet age was around 6.4 years. I had about 150 total planes, about 20 of which were on order or not operating.

Now here are the changes I made: Placed an order for 12 new Lockheed R6V Constitutions (game year is 1966), swapped in 12 new Douglas DC-6Bs and retired the old ones, which brought my fleet age down to 5.8. I also placed 8 of my new R6V Constitutions (delivered a few game months ago) into service, creating long-haul routes for them. So I currently have 14 planes on order, and the remaining 132 of my fleet are in active service.

As of the beginning of the current game month, my maintenance fees are now $440M!! Why the big jump? Can anyone explain to me what could have caused this, or how the maintenance fee system works?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:04:05 am
We have been doing some experimentation concerning the maint fee. What we can tell you are...
- The current forumla takes the avg age and the value of the fleet. So even though your avg age has gone down, the value his gone up a lot, so the overall maint is up.
- We will be revising the maint formula fairly soon, and hopefully, we will get it right.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:04:20 am
Oh... Same here
Sincerely, Mastafa

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:05:20 am
My fees jumped towards 440M  and I became CRAZy abut replacing!!!
Sincerely, Mastafa

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:05:58 am
That time, I only made 100M profit a month. 600M was ticket incomes!
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk