Airline Mogul Forum

Small Airline Alliance starting in Public World #3258

r20m · 3 · 3064

r20m

• Airline Operative
  • Airline Time!
    • View Profile
Alliance is called the Inter-Regional Partnership, restricted to members with up to 20 aircraft. 5 routes max from ally bases. Request now

Looking at the larger airlines, how long does it take getting to manage ~500 a/c across the world? Is it still even fun at that point? Not to sound abrasive, I'm genuinely curious.

-r20m
<< r20m >>

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:54:50 am
Looking at the larger airlines, how long does it take getting to manage ~500 a/c across the world? Is it still even fun at that point? Not to sound abrasive, I'm genuinely curious.
I haven't reached 500 a/c, but I can still say something :) In short worlds you don't have to worry about replacing aircraft as they don't age that much. This means that you can expand more and more without having to replace aircraft. Then I can imagine 500 a/c being fun and enjoyable - but not in a 30 year world, for example.

Here's an airline with 1036 (!) aircraft
British European Limited - W3258
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:57:36 am by 1993matias »

r20m

• Airline Operative
  • Airline Time!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 04:31:26 pm
Here's an airline with 1036 (!) aircraft
British European Limited - W3258

Good lord that's some hauling

Now I'm remembering my biggest airline was about 40 planes until it got deleted in the 70s.
Going through that era finding replacements for all of them was the biggest pain, so I can see it getting much easier managing them later on.
<< r20m >>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk